The Casagrandes: Season 3: Episode 10: The Golden Curse

 The Casagrandes Nickelodeon 



  Episode 10: The Golden Curse 

      We have a special about Sergio (I'm out, that's enough of that , yep, I can't do it) and the return of Paco, Mama Lupe's bird. (Two birds for the price of one! That price being your soul)  The special is about Paco getting married because we need bird marriage as a plot. (meow)  The episode does a self-aware joke on Freida's crying and I'm here for it.  Sergio gets to be a best man for the wedding , which sounds like a mistake. (I wonder what will go wrong) 

          Sergio has to hold on 13 gold coins, which is said to bring a couple good luck. (I wonder what will go wrong)  There's also a bachelor party (for a bird, what?).  The reason why this is is a 20 minute special is that the bachelor party takes up nearly 3 minutes so uh good use of time.  (like 60 minutes tick tick tick)  

    Time to see what could go wrong in... yep Sergio lost the coins. (I'm shocked *sarcastic tone*) It's wedding day, and I guess Sergio has to find the coins and not tell Paco. I do like how every time doomed was said there was a thunder clap, and then finally they acknowledge it. That was kind of funny. (Also Sergio being beat up by cats works for me)  The Casa kids help Sergio find the coins. ( Sergio gets beaten up a lot in this episode) 

    I will say that I like the fun of watching them finding the coins. (Also I saw a Sumo Wrestler cry) It's a fun sequence to see and the different little things that happen and making the almost 3 minutes of bachelor party worth seeing before. The video game chase sequence was pretty nice. (I can't believe they killed Vito)

   They get all the coins, but we have 10 minutes left...something needs to... hmmm Paco's suit falls off. (disturbing) Rosa also has terminator vision and asks Bobby and Hector to play a song  and something bad happens to Bobby's hands and Hector's guitar. The episode is called "The Golden Curse" so I'm going to assume that... nothing bad is happening. (That's supposed to be my joke) 

      The wedding looks like  (world war II reference redacted)  They find out there's one missing coin because of course there's a missing coin. (Oh) I do think it's fun that 13 is funny for a lucky number.  The episode goes back to Maybelle who's been having good luck the whole day, even though if she has one coin, that means that must be the powerful coin.  Now, Sergio could tell Maybelle how important that coin is, but that would be smart so he's not doing that. (I do like how Maybelle has a mango security system, is someone going to steal her fruit?) 



    Then the special answers my question by adding that Maybelle wonders if it's her horseshoe or four leaf clover.  The leprechaun thing was random and funny.  Finally, we have a bird wedding.

     That was not bad special, it was more than I thought it would be with the bird wedding, the fun part really is the journey of them finding the coins and they decided to have some humor in the half where the bad luck shows up without it feeling too much. Sergio also isn't too much in this special and that's good a little dab of Sergio works better.  The episode had funny moments and the self aware jokes were funny without feeling forced. There's nothing too bad about this special and that's good, I wouldn't say it was the best of Casagrandes' specials but it was good. I give it 8/10. 

  That's it for now, tune in next time when we find out that You've got the power to know You're indestructible Always believe in 'Cause you are Gold (gold) . 

             

Comments